- 1 kg beetroots, washed and cut into chunks (c)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil for roasting
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin, cold pressed olive oil
- ¼ cup bone broth
- 1 tablespoon apple-cider vinegar
- 1 lemons, juiced (c)
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped (s)
- ½ teaspoon good quality seaweed salt (the dulse content is important for iodine)
- Preheat your oven to 200 C
- Arrange the beets in a baking dish and coat with the oil.
- Bake for approximately one hour or until tender and sweet.
- Allow the beets cool a little before placing them in a blender with the olive oil, broth, apple-cider
- vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, and salt. Blend until a thick paste forms, if it is too thick add more olive oil one tablespoon at a time. Or if not thick enough add 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil and pop in the fridge for an hour or two.
- Serve with a selection of deeply coloured vegetable sticks.
NB: If possible buy your beets with the tops attached, remove these for the purposes of this dip, however put aside for future use as they are a valuable source of leafy green nutrition.
(g) ~ leafy greens
(c) ~ deeply coloured
(s) ~ sulfur rich
~ Keeping in mind the necessity for 6-9 cups of vegetables and fruit every day, made up of equal quantities of dark leafy greens, deeply coloured and sulfur rich portions, I coded the above for your ease of reference.