Whole Jacket Potatoes
* Wash whole potatoes, (white or sweet) generally one per person.
* Place directly on the racks in a preheated oven, on 180C, for 1 hour.
* Carefully, using an oven mitt or a doubled over tea towel, remove the potatoes from the oven.
* Carefully cut a deep cross into the potato and add your toppings of choice.
For a faster meal/snack, dice the potatoes into bite sized pieces.
Drizzle with olive oil
Place into a preheated oven on 180C for 30 minutes.
Two easy, fast toppings.
- Finely diced red capsicum and celery
Grated carrot, beetroot and cheese
300 g finely sliced red and green cabbage
200 g coarsely grated organic carrot
2 green apples coarsely grated
2 sticks of celery finely chopped
1/2 red onion finely diced (pouring hot water over the onion and allowing it to sit for 2 minutes before combining will lessen the intensity of the flavour)
3 Tbsp good quality/homemade mayonnaise
Combine all ingredients.
Add sour cream to the potato if desired.