Serving Size for 1
1 Large Brown Onion ~ approx 1 cup (s)
1/2 Cup Red Capsicum (c)
1/2 Cup Carrot (c)
1 Cup Kale (g)
1/2 Cup Purple Cabbage (c/s)
1 Cup Bone Broth (beef or chicken)
150 g of pre cooked animal protein (sausage, meatball, chicken etc)
1 Tbsp Ghee or Lard
Seaweed Salt and Pepper
*Note: The ingredients list can be easily adapted to what is available in
the fridge, keeping in mind a making a selection from all three categories of deeply coloured, sulphur-rich, and dark green leafy vegetables.
- Place the ghee in a fry pan that has a fitted lid, and melt over a gently heat
- Place onion in pan and saute gently for 2-3 minutes
- Add the remaining vegetables and the bone broth
- Once simmering, add your protein portion to the top, pop on the lid and allow to steam for approx 5 minutes
- When done tip into a bowl ensuring you include all the nourishing liquid.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
To eat on the go, for breakfast or lunch, simply add to a glass container with a tightly fitting lid. I find this just as delicious cold as hot!